Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Please help me....

Please help me....

Vitamin

I am using asp to connect to my MS SQL Server, there have some problems,
could you please help me?

1. take about 5 seconds to make a connection with SQL server:
In other projects, this would not happen, it just happened in my
project? Why?

2. Select MAX() problem
I need using select max(column) from table to get the maximum number of
that column,however, really ****...this function need take about 15 seconds
to finish the job??!!! I am using Query Analyst to test it, it just using
nmot more than 1 second. Oh....Why...???

Regards

Thanks

Atrax

hard to say. is the sql box in a different location to the web server?
i.e. are you accessing it over TCP/IP, or is it local?

Atrax. MVP, IIS
http://rtfm.atrax.co.uk/

newsflash : Atrax.Richedit 1.0 now released.
http://rtfm.atrax.co.uk/infinitemonk...trax.RichEdit/

Vitamin

um...the sql server in located on other server
but both web and sql server are in the same network (LAN)

other, I access it throught TCP/IP, I am using asp to connect that sql
server, everything is working fine, jsut the connection speed and the select
max() problem, I have try to join about table together, it just take around
7 seconds, however, I just want select the max number from a table, it take
around 13 seconds, so crazy....

how can i solve it?? thx~

news:(E-Mail Removed)...