Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Displaying Resultset output in Excel format in a NEW window

Displaying Resultset output in Excel format in a NEW window

Sushmita

Hi,

I have written an ASP script that connects to a database
and runs a stored procedure and displays the results in
text format ...using the <TABLE> tag. But I would like to
have these results appear in a NEW Window in an Excel
format.

I used :

<%
Response.Buffer = true
Response.Clear
%>

This opens up Excel in the same window and usually does
not refresh my data ...even though the stored procedure is
actually running on the database server.

Please help!!

thanks.

Bob Barrows

You can't open a new window in server-side code. It's just not possible. You
will need to use client-side code to achieve this. Please see a dhtml
newsgroup (or m/p/scripting.jscript).

Bob Barrows