Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > pages not displaying

Reply
Thread Tools

pages not displaying

 
 
Joe Doyle
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-23-2003
After connecting to the internet, after about 5 pages I
get an error "ACTIVE SERVICE PAGES CANNOT BE DISPLAYED,
SERVER COULD BE DOWN OR DNS ERROR........." and from there
I cannot view any more pages.It seems to hang up. My
connection window shows I'm still connected. If I reboot
my system same thing happens. I am not sure if it is a
connection issue, an internal modem issues, or a dialin
issue. HELP!!!!!!
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Ray at
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-23-2003
Is this on your own site and server, or are you talking about other sites?

Ray at work

"Joe Doyle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:092b01c38213$8dcce1f0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> After connecting to the internet, after about 5 pages I
> get an error "ACTIVE SERVICE PAGES CANNOT BE DISPLAYED,
> SERVER COULD BE DOWN OR DNS ERROR........." and from there
> I cannot view any more pages.It seems to hang up. My
> connection window shows I'm still connected. If I reboot
> my system same thing happens. I am not sure if it is a
> connection issue, an internal modem issues, or a dialin
> issue. HELP!!!!!!



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Aaron Bertrand - MVP
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-23-2003
First, figure out what the real issue is. http://www.aspfaq.com/2109

And what do you mean, all web pages on the Internet say that, or just the
ones on your own server?



"Joe Doyle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:092b01c38213$8dcce1f0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> After connecting to the internet, after about 5 pages I
> get an error "ACTIVE SERVICE PAGES CANNOT BE DISPLAYED,
> SERVER COULD BE DOWN OR DNS ERROR........." and from there
> I cannot view any more pages.It seems to hang up. My
> connection window shows I'm still connected. If I reboot
> my system same thing happens. I am not sure if it is a
> connection issue, an internal modem issues, or a dialin
> issue. HELP!!!!!!



 
Reply With Quote
 
Joe Doyle
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-23-2003
Yes this is on my windows 2000 server at home. I connect
to the internet through PPP dialin service. I can view
several pages before it hangs then I get the message. then
in order to get back online I have to reboot,. Not good!
>-----Original Message-----
>Is this on your own site and server, or are you talking

about other sites?
>
>Ray at work
>
>"Joe Doyle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:092b01c38213$8dcce1f0$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> After connecting to the internet, after about 5 pages I
>> get an error "ACTIVE SERVICE PAGES CANNOT BE DISPLAYED,
>> SERVER COULD BE DOWN OR DNS ERROR........." and from

there
>> I cannot view any more pages.It seems to hang up. My
>> connection window shows I'm still connected. If I reboot
>> my system same thing happens. I am not sure if it is a
>> connection issue, an internal modem issues, or a dialin
>> issue. HELP!!!!!!

>
>
>.
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Joe Doyle
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-23-2003
I'm do not have an active server as of yet but I do
searches on www and those pages are not displaying. this
problem started about a week ago. I update to SP4 through
a CD because the darn thing would quit on me saying it
could connect to site
>-----Original Message-----
>First, figure out what the real issue is.

http://www.aspfaq.com/2109
>
>And what do you mean, all web pages on the Internet say

that, or just the
>ones on your own server?
>
>
>
>"Joe Doyle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:092b01c38213$8dcce1f0$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> After connecting to the internet, after about 5 pages I
>> get an error "ACTIVE SERVICE PAGES CANNOT BE DISPLAYED,
>> SERVER COULD BE DOWN OR DNS ERROR........." and from

there
>> I cannot view any more pages.It seems to hang up. My
>> connection window shows I'm still connected. If I reboot
>> my system same thing happens. I am not sure if it is a
>> connection issue, an internal modem issues, or a dialin
>> issue. HELP!!!!!!

>
>
>.
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-23-2003
talking about other sites
>-----Original Message-----
>Yes this is on my windows 2000 server at home. I connect
>to the internet through PPP dialin service. I can view
>several pages before it hangs then I get the message.

then
>in order to get back online I have to reboot,. Not good!
>>-----Original Message-----
>>Is this on your own site and server, or are you talking

>about other sites?
>>
>>Ray at work
>>
>>"Joe Doyle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:092b01c38213$8dcce1f0$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> After connecting to the internet, after about 5 pages I
>>> get an error "ACTIVE SERVICE PAGES CANNOT BE DISPLAYED,
>>> SERVER COULD BE DOWN OR DNS ERROR........." and from

>there
>>> I cannot view any more pages.It seems to hang up. My
>>> connection window shows I'm still connected. If I

reboot
>>> my system same thing happens. I am not sure if it is a
>>> connection issue, an internal modem issues, or a dialin
>>> issue. HELP!!!!!!

>>
>>
>>.
>>

>.
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Joe doyle
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-23-2003
Aaron thanks for the info!!!! good public service!!
>-----Original Message-----
>First, figure out what the real issue is.

http://www.aspfaq.com/2109
>
>And what do you mean, all web pages on the Internet say

that, or just the
>ones on your own server?
>
>
>
>"Joe Doyle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:092b01c38213$8dcce1f0$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> After connecting to the internet, after about 5 pages I
>> get an error "ACTIVE SERVICE PAGES CANNOT BE DISPLAYED,
>> SERVER COULD BE DOWN OR DNS ERROR........." and from

there
>> I cannot view any more pages.It seems to hang up. My
>> connection window shows I'm still connected. If I reboot
>> my system same thing happens. I am not sure if it is a
>> connection issue, an internal modem issues, or a dialin
>> issue. HELP!!!!!!

>
>
>.
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Chris Hohmann
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-23-2003
"Joe Doyle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:06b501c38216$74fee8a0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm do not have an active server as of yet but I do
> searches on www and those pages are not displaying. this
> problem started about a week ago. I update to SP4 through
> a CD because the darn thing would quit on me saying it
> could connect to site


This question is probably better suited to m.p.w2k.windows_update or
m.p.w2k.networking. However, since you are here, others have reported
the same slow down/timing out issues you are encountering after
installing W2K SP4. Here are two (2) possible resolutions

1. Uninstall and then reinstall the TCP/IP protocol.

OR

2. Set the following registry key to 0 (zero).

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Tcpip\Parameters\Tc
pip1323Oopts


IMPORTANT NOTE!!!: BACKUP YOUR REGISTRY BEFORE DOING THIS!!!
Usually, I don't like to shout but I will not be held liable when the
stuff hits the fan. ;-p

HTH
-Chris

P.S. What is Tcpip1323Oopts you ask? Well it is based on RFC 1323 of
course. Wise ass comments aside, RFC 1323 refers to "TCP Extensions for
High Performance". Specifically Tcpip1323Oopts deals with windows
scaling and round trip timing. Of the two(2) it is windows scaling is
the one that's causing problems. SP4 heralds a change in Microsoft's TCP
header. Probably more information than you wanted, but there it is. Here
are some links:

http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1323.html
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/its...vg/tcpip2k.asp
http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;224829




 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Master Pages not displaying ... ? Andrew Kidd ASP .Net 8 04-29-2006 01:34 PM
Mysterious problem with pages not displaying properly. New Conservative HTML 16 03-09-2005 02:50 AM
Re: HELP!!! ASP.NET pages not displaying correctly Raterus ASP .Net 1 06-05-2004 05:20 PM
Graphics not displaying in ASP.NET pages on Windows Server 2003 Johann Blake ASP .Net 0 04-28-2004 01:26 PM
Web pages not displaying some controls on Win2KPro Kenneth Cho ASP .Net 0 08-19-2003 04:42 PM



Advertisments