Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Get userID from Active Directory.

Get userID from Active Directory.

Lin Ma

I first post this to win2000.active_directory group and I find out it may be
a wrong group.

I hope this group can help me.

Hello,

In ASP page, does any one knows how to get user network login ID from user
email address?

In my company, we use win 2000 server with active directory.

In my ASP page, when input an email address, I need search to find the user
network login ID.

How to do this?

Thanks for your help.

Lin Ma

Ray at

Is using Windows authentication on your site an option instead? If you
enable that, you will get DOMAIN\username in
REquest.ServerVariables("LOGON_USER").

Ray at work

"Lin Ma" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I first post this to win2000.active_directory group and I find out it may

be
> a wrong group.
>
> I hope this group can help me.
>

> Hello,
>
> In ASP page, does any one knows how to get user network login ID from user
> email address?
>
> In my company, we use win 2000 server with active directory.
>
> In my ASP page, when input an email address, I need search to find the

user
> network login ID.
>
> How to do this?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Lin Ma

Lin Ma

Ray,

Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately, the logon user is querying other user's network ID by their
email address. So the Request.ServerVariables("LOGON_USER") will not working
at this case.

Any other idea please?

Thanks,

Lin Ma

news:%23lACP%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is using Windows authentication on your site an option instead? If you
> enable that, you will get DOMAIN\username in
> REquest.ServerVariables("LOGON_USER").
>
> Ray at work
>
> "Lin Ma" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I first post this to win2000.active_directory group and I find out it

may
> be
> > a wrong group.
> >
> > I hope this group can help me.
> >

> > Hello,
> >
> > In ASP page, does any one knows how to get user network login ID from

user
> > email address?
> >
> > In my company, we use win 2000 server with active directory.
> >
> > In my ASP page, when input an email address, I need search to find the

> user
> > network login ID.
> >
> > How to do this?
> >
> > Thanks for your help.
> >
> > Lin Ma

Ray at

Ah, I see.

If it were on my network, the person's username would simpy be:

sEmailAddress = "(E-Mail Removed)"
aUsername = Split(sEmailAddress & "@", "@")
sUsername = aUsername(0)

Maybe you could create a MAPI session and use the resolve method. ?

Ray at work

"Lin Ma" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ray,
>
> Thanks for the response.
>
> Unfortunately, the logon user is querying other user's network ID by their
> email address. So the Request.ServerVariables("LOGON_USER") will not

working
> at this case.
>
> Any other idea please?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Lin Ma

Lin Ma

Ray,

Thanks for this try. But the user ID is not formatted the same way because
we merged with other company.

we keep the same email format which is http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Like my user id is MAL (lastname and firstname initial), but my email is
(E-Mail Removed)

Others use firstname.lastname as network logon ID.

And some other format.

Any other idea? thanks a lot for the help.

Lin Ma

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ah, I see.
>
> If it were on my network, the person's username would simpy be:
>
> sEmailAddress = "(E-Mail Removed)"
> aUsername = Split(sEmailAddress & "@", "@")
> sUsername = aUsername(0)
>
> Maybe you could create a MAPI session and use the resolve method. ?
>
> Ray at work
>

> "Lin Ma" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Ray,
> >
> > Thanks for the response.
> >
> > Unfortunately, the logon user is querying other user's network ID by

their
> > email address. So the Request.ServerVariables("LOGON_USER") will not

> working
> > at this case.
> >
> > Any other idea please?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Lin Ma

Ray at

Perhaps asking in m.p.active.directory.interfaces would yield better
how to do it in VBS or JS or any language for that matter.

Ray at work

"Lin Ma" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ray,
>
> Thanks for this try. But the user ID is not formatted the same way because
> we merged with other company.
>
> we keep the same email format which is (E-Mail Removed)
>
> Like my user id is MAL (lastname and firstname initial), but my email is
> (E-Mail Removed)
>
> Others use firstname.lastname as network logon ID.
>
> And some other format.
>
> Any other idea? thanks a lot for the help.
>
> Lin Ma

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Ah, I see.
> >
> > If it were on my network, the person's username would simpy be:
> >
> > sEmailAddress = "(E-Mail Removed)"
> > aUsername = Split(sEmailAddress & "@", "@")
> > sUsername = aUsername(0)
> >
> > Maybe you could create a MAPI session and use the resolve method. ?
> >
> > Ray at work
> >

> > "Lin Ma" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Ray,
> > >
> > > Thanks for the response.
> > >
> > > Unfortunately, the logon user is querying other user's network ID by

> their
> > > email address. So the Request.ServerVariables("LOGON_USER") will not

> > working
> > > at this case.
> > >
> > > Any other idea please?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Lin Ma

Lin Ma

Ray,

Thanks for the tries and the direction.

I will post a question in that group.

Have a blessing day.

Lin Ma

news:O$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Perhaps asking in m.p.active.directory.interfaces would yield better
> how to do it in VBS or JS or any language for that matter.
>
> Ray at work
>
> "Lin Ma" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Ray,
> >
> > Thanks for this try. But the user ID is not formatted the same way

because
> > we merged with other company.
> >
> > we keep the same email format which is (E-Mail Removed)
> >
> > Like my user id is MAL (lastname and firstname initial), but my email is
> > (E-Mail Removed)
> >
> > Others use firstname.lastname as network logon ID.
> >
> > And some other format.
> >
> > Any other idea? thanks a lot for the help.
> >
> > Lin Ma
> >

> > "Ray at <%=sLocation%>" <myfirstname at lane34 dot com> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Ah, I see.
> > >
> > > If it were on my network, the person's username would simpy be:
> > >
> > > sEmailAddress = "(E-Mail Removed)"
> > > aUsername = Split(sEmailAddress & "@", "@")
> > > sUsername = aUsername(0)
> > >
> > > Maybe you could create a MAPI session and use the resolve method. ?
> > >
> > > Ray at work
> > >

> > > "Lin Ma" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> > their
> > > working

MSFT

Hi Lin,

I think you may perform some LDAP query in your ASP page to check the user
account. You may refer to following articles on this:

HOW TO: Use ADSI to Access Exchange User Data from an ASP Page
http://support.microsoft.com/default...B;EN-US;253568

HOWTO: Find Mail/Mailbox-Enabled Users in the Active Directory
http://support.microsoft.com/default...B;EN-US;252650

Hope this hlepful,

Luke
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

Forms Authentication how to get UserID ThatsIT.net.au ASP .Net 2 05-17-2008 08:03 AM
how to get user's UserId Jeff ASP .Net 1 10-14-2006 12:43 PM
How to get the USERID Doug Batchelor ASP .Net Security 2 09-18-2006 07:24 AM
in intranet, How can I get the userID using ASP? Kam ASP General 4 09-04-2006 12:27 PM
How to get the network userid =?Utf-8?B?c2lsZWVzaA==?= ASP .Net 3 07-19-2004 08:09 PM

Advertisments