Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > APS3 / IIS4 Session wont persist

APS3 / IIS4 Session wont persist

Richard

Having trouble getting Session to persist.
Have checked properties of the Virtual Directory in IIS4 manager and "Enable
Session State" is checked, with time out set to 20 Mins.
Have also checked the Project Properties in Interdev 6.0 and confirmed that
"Sensionless ASP Pages" is NOT checked.

When moving from one page to another within the application it starts a new
session for each page : I've confirmed this both by Writing the SessionID
and by adding a Variable into the On_Start of the Global.asa.

Only trying to store a single digit in a Session variable (not huge objects
!!)

Any ideas what might prevent Session from persisiting in IIS4 ?

Richard

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

www.aspfaq.com/2157

news:BLFbb.1581$(E-Mail Removed)-net.net...
> Having trouble getting Session to persist.
> Have checked properties of the Virtual Directory in IIS4 manager and

"Enable
> Session State" is checked, with time out set to 20 Mins.
> Have also checked the Project Properties in Interdev 6.0 and confirmed

that
> "Sensionless ASP Pages" is NOT checked.
>
> When moving from one page to another within the application it starts a

new
> session for each page : I've confirmed this both by Writing the SessionID
> and by adding a Variable into the On_Start of the Global.asa.
>
> Only trying to store a single digit in a Session variable (not huge

objects
> !!)
>
> Any ideas what might prevent Session from persisiting in IIS4 ?
>
> Richard

Richard

Thanks ! You're my hero! It was just and underscore in the name of the
computer, change to using IP address and everything works fine !
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...