Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > ChiliASP and databases

ChiliASP and databases

Jmac

Can Chili handle Microsoft databases? I inherited a site with ASP, but
my host uses Chili and the site is generating errors. Advice appreciated.
Thnx
Jmac

Tim

no - not unless it is running on a windows box, which is pointless.

"Jmac" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bkmdif$3af61$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Can Chili handle Microsoft databases? I inherited a site with ASP, but
> my host uses Chili and the site is generating errors. Advice appreciated.
> Thnx
> Jmac

Stuart

THere is a component which will let you 'talk' to a database on a Windows
box from Chillisoft.
I cannot remember what is called though.

Have a look on the ChillSoft site for using M$ databases.

Most ISP's will not allow installation of third party components on there
servers thou, it's just a lot simpler to run it on a windows machine, plus
you get all the benefits of full functionality.

"Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eQ$(E-Mail Removed)...
> no - not unless it is running on a windows box, which is pointless.
>

> "Jmac" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bkmdif$3af61$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> > Can Chili handle Microsoft databases? I inherited a site with ASP, but
> > my host uses Chili and the site is generating errors. Advice

appreciated.
> > Thnx
> > Jmac

Jeff Cochran

But it can access Microsoft databases hosted on *other* servers...

Been a while since I worked with Chilisoft's ASP, but database access
was documented. Then agin, if the OP would post the actual errors,
perhaps there'd be something to help him with.

Jeff