Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Help a Student Research: Notebook PC marketing questionnaire

Help a Student Research: Notebook PC marketing questionnaire

J.Xue

Hi, I am currently doing dissertation at Management School, the university
of Sheffield. My project is to investigate effectiveness of international
marketing of global notebook brands, with a focus on Dell's notebook. I
would greatly appreciate if you could spend a few minutes to answer the
questionnaire by clicking options and click "Submit" to send answers.

For most convenient way to answer my questionnaire, could you please visit
the web page below to "Submit" in my online questionnaire?

http://www.geocities.com/jsxue/notebook.htm

Alternatively, you can reply my email with highlighted answers in the
questionnaire version below.

Thank you very much for help.

J.Xue

******************

Your Information:

1. Age

under 18; 18-35; 35-45; above 45

2. Gender

male; female

3. Home of Resident

North America; Europe; Asian-Pacific (incl. Oceania);
South America; Middle-East & Africa

4. Occupation

Student; Professional; Manager; Employment; Unemployment;
Retired

General Questions:

5. Have you used a notebook computer?

Yes; No (ignore question 6);

6. Which brand do you use (or used)? (less than two) (delete other
brands):

ACER APPLE DELL Fujitsu Siemens Gateway HP/Compaq IBM Legend NEC SONY
TOSHIBA Others

Comment:
a). Product: unsatisfied; fair; satisfied
b). Service: unsatisfied; fair; satisfied

ACER APPLE DELL Fujitsu Siemens Gateway HP/Compaq IBM Legend NEC SONY
TOSHIBA Others

Comment:
a). Product: unsatisfied; fair; satisfied
b). Service: unsatisfied; fair; satisfied

7. If you have a choice to buy a new notebook, which brand would you
prefer? (less than three, delete other brands):

1st Choice: ACER APPLE DELL Fujitsu Siemens Gateway HP/Compaq IBM Legend
NEC SONY TOSHIBA Others

2nd Choice: ACER APPLE DELL Fujitsu Siemens Gateway HP/Compaq IBM Legend
NEC SONY TOSHIBA Others

3rd Choice: ACER APPLE DELL Fujitsu Siemens Gateway HP/Compaq IBM Legend
NEC SONY TOSHIBA Others

8. Please balance importance when you buy notebook:

unimportant (mark 1)
important (mark 2)
very important (mark 3)
extremely important (mark 4)

a). Brand awareness

b). Reasonable price

c). Hardware specifications

d). Mobility (e.g. weight)

e). Designs (e.g. materials, looks)

f). Quality & Stability

g). Bundled software

h). Compatibility

i). Warranty & Service

j). Others___________________________

9. Which types of notebook would you prefer to buy?

affordable price; mid-range; upper range; most latest technology

10. Where do you prefer to buy?

Notebook company's web; Internet dealer's web; Street retail shops

please specify your reasons: ______________________

11. Would you prefer company provide customization in notebook

specifications?

(1). Standard configured notebook, without any customizations (Factory
default model);

(2). Have a few customization (e.g. change RAM, software, warranty);

(3). More parts can be customized (CPU, Optical Driver e.g. DVD/CD-ROM,
Graphics Card);

(4). Completely customized (customize whatever you want)

----------------------------------
DELL Notebook PC Questions:

12. Have you ever used DELL notebooks?

Yes; No

13. Could you please give comments on DELL's notebook?

poor (mark 1)
fair (mark 2)
good (mark 3)
very good (mark 4)

a). Price

b). Quality & Stability

c). Products Designs

d). Mobility

e). Connectivity

f). Bundled software

g). Compatibility

h). Warranty & Service

i). Others_______________________

14. Have you visited DELL's website?

(1)Yes; (2)No

15. Could you please give comments on DELL's website or Advertisement?

poor (mark 1)
fair (mark 2)
good (mark 3)
very good (mark4)

a). Attractiveness of website design

b). Providing product information

c). Guidelines to help find right model

d). Providing promotion information

e). Easy to customize own notebook

f). Feeling comfortable with online shopping

Optional: Any additional comments? (e.g. about DELL's notebook, notebook
marketing, or this questionnaire)

Thank you very much.

E. T. Culling

That was fine... nice a quick and to the point. I hope many others will help
you!
Eleanor

news:#MwJia#(E-Mail Removed)...