Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > DLL In IIS Cant Wite Files to some servers, VB App Can?

DLL In IIS Cant Wite Files to some servers, VB App Can?

Scott Townsend

I have a DLL that created field. You assign it a path and it writes the
files to the path.

If I create an ASP Page that uses the DLL I cant seem to get it to write
files to servers with long names (8+ chars),

If I create a VB App that uses the DLL it has no problems.

Is there anything in IIS that I should change to allow this?

I'm using IIS 6 on Win2K3

Thanks,
Scott<-

Mark Schupp

Most likely a permissions problem. ASP pages usually run under the anonymous
internet user account. VB apps will run under the logged on user account.

--
Mark Schupp
--

news:OBIw$(E-Mail Removed)...