Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Response.CodePage

Response.CodePage

Steve Kushubar

I originally posted this in the internet.iis group and it was suggested that
I repost it here.

I am trying to use the Response.CodePage method on a Windows 2000 IIS
Server. The MSDN clearly states that this property is available under
Windows 2K and IIS5.0. But the call throws an"Object doesn't support this
property" error. Is this a version problem, SP problem or what? Any ideas
would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

Ray at

Are you sure it isn't a typo issue?
..CodePage is a property (Long) of both the response and session object.

Ray at work

"Steve Kushubar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23%(E-Mail Removed)...
> I originally posted this in the internet.iis group and it was suggested

that
> I repost it here.
>
> I am trying to use the Response.CodePage method on a Windows 2000 IIS
> Server. The MSDN clearly states that this property is available under
> Windows 2K and IIS5.0. But the call throws an"Object doesn't support this
> property" error. Is this a version problem, SP problem or what? Any

ideas
> would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Steve

Steve Kushubar

Definitely not a typo. I've re-typed it from scratch several times. I also
changed the Response to Session which works fine. Here is the error:

Object doesn't support this property or method: 'Response.CodePage'

I rechecked the MSDN documentation and it specifically states this property
exists under Win2K and IIS 5.0

Steve

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Are you sure it isn't a typo issue?
> .CodePage is a property (Long) of both the response and session object.
>
> Ray at work
>
> "Steve Kushubar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%23%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I originally posted this in the internet.iis group and it was suggested

> that
> > I repost it here.
> >
> > I am trying to use the Response.CodePage method on a Windows 2000 IIS
> > Server. The MSDN clearly states that this property is available under
> > Windows 2K and IIS5.0. But the call throws an"Object doesn't support

this
> > property" error. Is this a version problem, SP problem or what? Any

> ideas
> > would be appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Steve

Ray at

Oops. It appears that .CodePage is part of the response object in IIS5.1
and up.

Ray at work

"Steve Kushubar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Definitely not a typo. I've re-typed it from scratch several times. I

also
> changed the Response to Session which works fine. Here is the error:
>
> Object doesn't support this property or method: 'Response.CodePage'
>
> I rechecked the MSDN documentation and it specifically states this

property
> exists under Win2K and IIS 5.0
>

> Steve

Egor Shokurov

"Ray at <%=sLocation%>" <myfirstname at lane34 dot com> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Oops. It appears that .CodePage is part of the response object in IIS5.1
> and up.
>
> Ray at work

Ray,
do you know of any fix or workaround for the problem, besides using
ASP Stream, recoding function or custom component? I need to provide
data in different encodings from the sessionless page and now thinking
how to achieve this easier. At present I'm using Session.Codepage, but
I'm being asked (by Microsoft funnily who is one of our clients) to
avoid setting any cookies.

Thanks in advance

Egor Shokurov
Netreflector.com