Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > URL With a Space

URL With a Space

Wayne Wengert

In an ASP Page is there a way to have a link that calls another page whose
name includes a space? For example, I'd like to be able to call "My
Page.asp" by building a href type link the user can click on.

The equivalent of:

I've tried URLEncode but that didn't work.

--
------------------------------------
Wayne Wengert

Martin CLAVREUIL

if the only pb you have is the space char you can use this function

url="Ma Page.asp"
Turl=lcase(replace(url," ","%20"))

"Wayne Wengert" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In an ASP Page is there a way to have a link that calls another page whose
> name includes a space? For example, I'd like to be able to call "My
> Page.asp" by building a href type link the user can click on.
>
> The equivalent of:

> I've tried URLEncode but that didn't work.
>
> --
> ------------------------------------
> Wayne Wengert
> (E-Mail Removed)

Curt_C [MVP]

replace the space with %20
or better yet Server.URLEncode() the url :}

Owner/Lead Designer, DF-Software
http://www.Darkfalz.com

"Wayne Wengert" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In an ASP Page is there a way to have a link that calls another page whose
> name includes a space? For example, I'd like to be able to call "My
> Page.asp" by building a href type link the user can click on.
>
> The equivalent of:

> I've tried URLEncode but that didn't work.
>
> --
> ------------------------------------
> Wayne Wengert
> (E-Mail Removed)

dlbjr

-dlbjr

Discerning resolutions for the alms

Ray at home

Why didn't URLEncode work? You can always manually urlencode if you want.

My%20Page.asp

Ray at home

"Wayne Wengert" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In an ASP Page is there a way to have a link that calls another page whose
> name includes a space? For example, I'd like to be able to call "My
> Page.asp" by building a href type link the user can click on.
>
> The equivalent of:

> I've tried URLEncode but that didn't work.
>
> --
> ------------------------------------
> Wayne Wengert
> (E-Mail Removed)

Wayne Wengert

Thanks all.

URLEncode did not work but HTMLEncode did work. I am trying to find some
reference material to explain the difference.

Wayne

"Ray at home" <myfirstname at lane 34 . komm> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Why didn't URLEncode work? You can always manually urlencode if you want.
>
> My%20Page.asp
>
> Ray at home
>
> "Wayne Wengert" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > In an ASP Page is there a way to have a link that calls another page

whose
> > name includes a space? For example, I'd like to be able to call "My
> > Page.asp" by building a href type link the user can click on.
> >
> > The equivalent of:

> > I've tried URLEncode but that didn't work.
> >
> > --
> > Wayne Wengert
> > (E-Mail Removed)

Mark Schupp

Now that you know how to make it work with a space, do yourself a big favor
and rename the file to "my_page.asp" or "mypage.asp".

--
Mark Schupp