Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Session Variable not updated

Session Variable not updated

Mig29

For some reason I'm unable to update a session variable
btween pages. I can read them after I set in global.asa
and I can change its value within the same script but when
I go to another page, the session variable remains
unchanged.

Has anyone ever encountered this?

I'm running XP and IIS 5.1

Bob Barrows

Mig29 wrote:
> For some reason I'm unable to update a session variable
> btween pages. I can read them after I set in global.asa
> and I can change its value within the same script but when
> I go to another page, the session variable remains
> unchanged.
>
> Has anyone ever encountered this?
>
> I'm running XP and IIS 5.1

Do any of these apply?

Bob Barrows

Evertjan.

Mig29 wrote on 14 sep 2003 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

> For some reason I'm unable to update a session variable
> btween pages. I can read them after I set in global.asa
> and I can change its value within the same script but when
> I go to another page, the session variable remains
> unchanged.

Why would you set a session varable in global.asa ?

That is more a session constant

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.