Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Problem using com object in IIS 4

Problem using com object in IIS 4

Hey all,

I've been having a weird problem using com objects in IIS 4.
I've built a middleware system that can be called with XML
requests over HTTP. The request is sent to an ASP page which
creates a com object that handles the request. This com object
usually calls other asp pages that handle sub functions.
This has worked fine, but now I have a new component that is
giving me a lot of problems. It's a component that contains
a few calls to a SQL db using ADO.

It works fine for a while, but then I start getting an error
in the backend component. I have very good error handling, so
I get an XML response back with the error number and location.
I have been able to pin point the line of code that gives the
error (5, illegal function call). But it's almost impossible
that an error would happen there... The line of code contains
an add to a collection. I add a simple variable to a collection.
This runs fine for a long time and then I get the error.
On my local machine the code works fine. As soon as I plug it into
IIS it goes wrong. The error always occurs in the same spot.

After this error has occurred, I can no longer use any component
that uses my database component. If I leave the machine alone
for a while it will pick up again...

I'm confused...

Thanks,
Dirk.