Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Error on Request.BinaryRead in IIS 6.0 (Win 2003)

Error on Request.BinaryRead in IIS 6.0 (Win 2003)

Nikhil

I have a VBscript that I use to upload files onto the
server. The script works fine on IIS 5.0 but on IIS 6.0 on
Windows 2003 I get an error when uploading certain files.
I believe its because the file is larger than what is
normally uploaded. Average file size is 15KB this file is
490Kb.

The error that I get is

Request object error 'ASP 0104 : 80004005' Operation not
Allowed

The code on the line is
biData = Request.BinaryRead(Request.TotalBytes)

Also the totalbytes on the two systems are different. Any
idea why this is happening. Is there any solution?

GVaught

I'm not a network guru or anything, but isn't there a setting that can be
set on the server to limit the size of a file upload like the size of an
attachment that can be sent through email? Or you need to make sure you have
write privileges to the location where you are uploading the files inside
the web server setup as well as Windows write privileges.

news:1c1801c37894$94cbc120$(E-Mail Removed)...