Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Unique ID for shopping cart

Unique ID for shopping cart

Craig Cummine

hi,

i'm about to write a shopping cart application and need to know the best way
to assign a unique id to each order.

previously i used the sessionid which i've since found out isn't unique.

can someone please advise me as to the most reliable way to assign a unique
id to a transaction.

i'm using classic asp and an access database.

i'd rather not use the session object due to issues with a previous shopping
cart application.

many thanks

craig

Curt_C [MVP]

Why not just use a AutoNumber in the DB to be the ID and reference that?

Owner/Lead Designer, DF-Software
http://www.Darkfalz.com

news:3f5fb827$0$248$(E-Mail Removed).. .