Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Submitting a form without clicking submit

Submitting a form without clicking submit

Fox

Hi,

Can someone tell me how to submit a form
from within a scripted page without anyone
having to manually click submit ?

Is this something that XML is needed for ?
If so, I still need to know how to do it (G)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Fox

Evertjan.

Fox wrote on 10 sep 2003 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

> Can someone tell me how to submit a form
> from within a scripted page without anyone
> having to manually click submit ?
>
> Is this something that XML is needed for ?
> If so, I still need to know how to do it (G)
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is definitly not a serverside asp question

Please see and follow up on a clientside NG.

{btw: easily done with javascript: document,forms,myfor.submit()}

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Randy Rahbar

> Can someone tell me how to submit a form
> from within a scripted page without anyone
> having to manually click submit ?
>
> Is this something that XML is needed for ?
> If so, I still need to know how to do it (G)

XML? I dont think so... you can try something like this with javascript...

<script>
function sendit() {
formname.submit();
}