Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > whats limit of include files ?

whats limit of include files ?

MFA

Hi All

Is there any limit to include files (<!--#include file="xyz.asp"-->).

I have developed an application where I am including different files on the
base of diffirent conditions and values and getting error at certain stage.
error is
Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A0006)
Overflow: '[number: 32768]'

Before I thought its due to some if or case statements and now I just
removed the line where I am including the file and its working.

I will be very thankfull if some one tell me if there is any limit of
include files so I will bring my code to parent files.
or is there anything else..

Kind regards

rick watkins

There is no limit that I am aware of.

Have a good look through the code in the include to see if you have created
any infinite loops or that sort of thing

Sorry I can't be of anymore help.

Rick Watkins
Web Developer

"MFA" <MFA@MFA> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi All
>
> Is there any limit to include files (<!--#include file="xyz.asp"-->).
>
> I have developed an application where I am including different files on

the
> base of diffirent conditions and values and getting error at certain

stage.
> error is
> Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A0006)
> Overflow: '[number: 32768]'
>
> Before I thought its due to some if or case statements and now I just
> removed the line where I am including the file and its working.
>
> I will be very thankfull if some one tell me if there is any limit of
> include files so I will bring my code to parent files.
> or is there anything else..
>
> Kind regards

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

Sounds like you are trying to perform a CINT() on a number > 32767.
http://www.aspfaq.com/2389

"MFA" <MFA@MFA> wrote in message
news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi All
>
> Is there any limit to include files (<!--#include file="xyz.asp"-->).
>
> I have developed an application where I am including different files on

the
> base of diffirent conditions and values and getting error at certain

stage.
> error is
> Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A0006)
> Overflow: '[number: 32768]'
>
> Before I thought its due to some if or case statements and now I just
> removed the line where I am including the file and its working.
>
> I will be very thankfull if some one tell me if there is any limit of
> include files so I will bring my code to parent files.
> or is there anything else..
>
> Kind regards

Ray at

You're issue isn't includes. It appears that you're trying to cint a number
beyond the limits of an integer data type. You're over by one
(coincidence?).

An integer can be between -32768 and 32767, inclusive. For any numbers
outside of that range, use clng.

Ray at work

"MFA" <MFA@MFA> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi All
>
> Is there any limit to include files (<!--#include file="xyz.asp"-->).
>
> I have developed an application where I am including different files on

the
> base of diffirent conditions and values and getting error at certain

stage.
> error is
> Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A0006)
> Overflow: '[number: 32768]'
>
> Before I thought its due to some if or case statements and now I just
> removed the line where I am including the file and its working.
>
> I will be very thankfull if some one tell me if there is any limit of
> include files so I will bring my code to parent files.
> or is there anything else..
>
> Kind regards

MFA

Thanks Rick