Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Ado sort error-Ado Sort -Relate, Compute By, or Sort operations cannot be done on column(s) whose key length is unknown or exceeds 10 KB.

Ado sort error-Ado Sort -Relate, Compute By, or Sort operations cannot be done on column(s) whose key length is unknown or exceeds 10 KB.

Navin

Ado Sort -Relate, Compute By, or Sort operations cannot be done on
column(s) whose key length is unknown or exceeds 10 KB.

hi,
guys
i have asp application running on iis 5.0 windows 2000
i use the ado sort property ......
shown below....

Rs.sort="person,lower_manager,lower_ccat_id,sac_na me"

i get the following error..

Microsoft Cursor Engine (0x80004005)
Relate, Compute By, or Sort operations cannot be done on column(s)
whose key length is unknown or exceeds 10 KB.

if give only a single column in the sort property it works fine....
Rs.sort="sac_name"

can brillant minds advise where the problem..............lies..
tried at microsoft site but no clues..

regds,
Navin Mahindroo

Ken Schaefer

Don't use .Sort

Use an SQL statement, and use the ORDER BY clause instead.

Cheers
Ken

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
: