Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Getting HTML source from web pages to include in my ASP scripts

Getting HTML source from web pages to include in my ASP scripts

Chris

I am running an ASP script which I require to get the source html from
some URL so I can pick out bits of this and include the data in my
webpage. So it should have a function something like this:

Function GetHTMLSource(String URL)

which retuns the source for example as a string or an array of strings

I'm not sure how to tackle getting the html source. I've tried setting
up an Internet Explorer object and also using the
createDocumentFromUrl function which have worked in VB but I can't get
to work in ASP

Any ideas please. Thanks

Ray at

http://www.aspfaq.com/2173

Ray at work

news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> I require to get the source html from
> some URL

Chris

"Ray at <%=sLocation%>" <myfirstname at lane34 dot com> wrote in message news:<OAuF1#(E-Mail Removed)>...
> http://www.aspfaq.com/2173
>
> Ray at work
>
> "Chris" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> > I require to get the source html from
> > some URL

That's great cheers Ray