Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Linked 'tables' (access) local - to -remote?

Linked 'tables' (access) local - to -remote?

jason

Is it actually possible for a local access 2000 database to link to a remote
database online via linked tables...

I know www.aspfaq.com has spoken about possibliites (although not secure)
for local-remote hook ups but I just wanted to know how feasible a LINKED
TABLE scenario would be.

If this was possible it would solve so many administration problems and save
development time when it comes to building asp-admin pages to manage the
backend....

Thanks for feedback
Jason

Bob Barrows

I've never tried it - I stopped developing for Access a few years ago. From
what I've read in the newsgroups, there are definitely issues to overcome
when attempting to use such a linked database from asp. You should try a
Google search.

Bob

news:(E-Mail Removed)...