Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Big favour needed to test site combos

Big favour needed to test site combos

Laphan

Hi All

I know this is a big favour, but I knew I'd get good honest feedback from
you.

Basically users are saying that I'm having time out problems with a site of
mine, but I can't pin it down because it's OK when I look at it on my
dial-up.

I know there must be something wrong because of the amount of complaints.

The way the site works is that it you click the 'Latest Addtions', 'Product
Lists' and 'Specials' links on the left hand side and this displays
individual product lists that you can page through with the next and

Now the 'Product Lists' button should display a pop-up menu where you can
select more of these lists.

This is where my big favour comes in. What I've done is create 4 versions
of the same site with each having the same visible look but each having a
different internal/background change.

If possible, could you please do the following for me and let me know your
feedback:

1) Go to http://www.bardwells.co.uk and just click through the product lists
as I have mentioned above. PLEASE NOTE: as I have put the test sites
together some of the pages may not display correctly so could you please
ignore this. It is how many time outs you experience (if any) whilst
navigating round the site.

Could you please note down how many time outs you get.

2) Go to http://www.bardwells.co.uk/test211/ and just click through, etc,
etc

Could you please note down how many time outs you get.

3) Go to http://www.bardwells.co.uk/test221/ and just click through, etc,
etc

Could you please note down how many time outs you get.

4) Go to http://www.bardwells.co.uk/test222/ and just click through, etc,
etc

Could you please note down how many time outs you get.

I know it's a lot too ask, but I'm tearing my hair out with it and it
shouldn't take that long to be honest.

Many, Many thanks.

Rgds

Laphan

Laphan

Sorry Curt

If poss, can u try it again.

ISP (FastHosts) had a problem with the server on this domain and have just
fixed it.

As for the site, its extremely lean (a 56K user can easily go round it), but
I'm trying to prove it's an ISP problem.

Your feedback would be very much appreciated.

Rgds

Laphan

Curt_C [MVP] <software_AT_darkfalz.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
WOW do they load SLOW....
What the heck are you doing behind the scenes or is your webserver that bad?

Personally I would reconsider what you are doing and find out what's killing
the load time

They didn't timeout but if this wasn't a test I wouldn't have stuck around
long enough to see what was even on the site.....

Owner/Lead Designer, DF-Software
http://www.Darkfalz.com

"Laphan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:birc5b$g6o$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi All
>
> I know this is a big favour, but I knew I'd get good honest feedback from
> you.
>
> Basically users are saying that I'm having time out problems with a site

of
> mine, but I can't pin it down because it's OK when I look at it on my
> dial-up.
>
> I know there must be something wrong because of the amount of complaints.
>
> The way the site works is that it you click the 'Latest Addtions',

'Product
> Lists' and 'Specials' links on the left hand side and this displays
> individual product lists that you can page through with the next and
>
> Now the 'Product Lists' button should display a pop-up menu where you can
> select more of these lists.
>
> This is where my big favour comes in. What I've done is create 4 versions
> of the same site with each having the same visible look but each having a
> different internal/background change.
>
> If possible, could you please do the following for me and let me know your
> feedback:
>
> 1) Go to http://www.bardwells.co.uk and just click through the product

lists
> as I have mentioned above. PLEASE NOTE: as I have put the test sites
> together some of the pages may not display correctly so could you please
> ignore this. It is how many time outs you experience (if any) whilst
> navigating round the site.
>
> Could you please note down how many time outs you get.
>
> 2) Go to http://www.bardwells.co.uk/test211/ and just click through, etc,
> etc
>
> Could you please note down how many time outs you get.
>
> 3) Go to http://www.bardwells.co.uk/test221/ and just click through, etc,
> etc
>
> Could you please note down how many time outs you get.
>
> 4) Go to http://www.bardwells.co.uk/test222/ and just click through, etc,
> etc
>
> Could you please note down how many time outs you get.
>
> I know it's a lot too ask, but I'm tearing my hair out with it and it
> shouldn't take that long to be honest.
>
> Many, Many thanks.
>
> Rgds
>

> Laphan

Laphan

Hi Guys

Could you just try the following site to let me know how you get on:

http://www.taylormademortgages.net/test/

Many thanks once again.

Rgds

Laphan

[...]

they all came up, no timeouts

Owner/Lead Designer, DF-Software
http://www.Darkfalz.com

"Laphan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bisgde$q3i$(E-Mail Removed)...
> [...]

> > ignore this. It is how many time outs you experience (if any) whilst
> > navigating round the site.
> >
> > Could you please note down how many time outs you get.
> >
> > 2) Go to http://www.bardwells.co.uk/test211/ and just click through,

etc,
> > etc
> >
> > Could you please note down how many time outs you get.
> >
> > 3) Go to http://www.bardwells.co.uk/test221/ and just click through,

etc,
> > etc
> >
> > Could you please note down how many time outs you get.
> >
> > 4) Go to http://www.bardwells.co.uk/test222/ and just click through,

etc,
> > etc
> >
> > Could you please note down how many time outs you get.
> >
> > I know it's a lot too ask, but I'm tearing my hair out with it and it

Laphan

Many thanks Curt

NG Cry: Anybody else have problems???

Rgds

Laphan

Curt_C [MVP] <software_AT_darkfalz.com> wrote in message
news:eob#Lr#(E-Mail Removed)...
came up fine.

Owner/Lead Designer, DF-Software
http://www.Darkfalz.com

"Laphan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bitd5u$680$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Guys
>
> Could you just try the following site to let me know how you get on:
>
> http://www.taylormademortgages.net/test/
>
> Many thanks once again.
>
> Rgds
>
> Laphan
>

> Laphan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:birc5b$g6o$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi All
>
> I know this is a big favour, but I knew I'd get good honest feedback from
> you.
>
> Basically users are saying that I'm having time out problems with a site

of
> mine, but I can't pin it down because it's OK when I look at it on my
> dial-up.
>
> I know there must be something wrong because of the amount of complaints.
>
> The way the site works is that it you click the 'Latest Addtions',

'Product
> Lists' and 'Specials' links on the left hand side and this displays
> individual product lists that you can page through with the next and
>
> Now the 'Product Lists' button should display a pop-up menu where you can
> select more of these lists.
>
> This is where my big favour comes in. What I've done is create 4 versions
> of the same site with each having the same visible look but each having a
> different internal/background change.
>
> If possible, could you please do the following for me and let me know your
> feedback:
>
> 1) Go to http://www.bardwells.co.uk and just click through the product

lists
> as I have mentioned above. PLEASE NOTE: as I have put the test sites
> together some of the pages may not display correctly so could you please
> ignore this. It is how many time outs you experience (if any) whilst
> navigating round the site.
>
> Could you please note down how many time outs you get.
>
> 2) Go to http://www.bardwells.co.uk/test211/ and just click through, etc,
> etc
>
> Could you please note down how many time outs you get.
>
> 3) Go to http://www.bardwells.co.uk/test221/ and just click through, etc,
> etc
>
> Could you please note down how many time outs you get.
>
> 4) Go to http://www.bardwells.co.uk/test222/ and just click through, etc,
> etc
>
> Could you please note down how many time outs you get.
>
> I know it's a lot too ask, but I'm tearing my hair out with it and it
> shouldn't take that long to be honest.
>
> Many, Many thanks.
>
> Rgds
>

> Laphan

Alan

I'm getting:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'

Type mismatch: 'CInt'

/test/products.asp, line 40

At http://www.taylormademortgages.net/test/

Alan