Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > SMTP service running on port 26 + CDONTS

SMTP service running on port 26 + CDONTS

Andrew Weaver

How do you change the port in which CDONTS will look for Microsoft SMTP
server? I have Imail running on port 25, and I have SMTP service running on
port 26. Any help you can provide me would be excellent.

Thanks,
-Drew

Ray at

You've tried it and it doesn't work? It shouldn't matter, I don't believe.
CDONTS will just generated the .eml file and drop it in the server's pickup
directory, and from there, it's up to the SMTP service to deliver the
message, which should do so through whichever port you've specified in the
service.

Also, is this on NT? If 2000, you should be using CDO.

Ray at work

"Andrew Weaver" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How do you change the port in which CDONTS will look for Microsoft

SMTP
> server? I have Imail running on port 25, and I have SMTP service running

on
> port 26. Any help you can provide me would be excellent.
>
> Thanks,
> -Drew

Andrew Weaver

Yes, it is windows 2000, do you have any URLs that explain how to use CDO
instead of CDONTS to send email?

Thanks,
-Drew

news:eTY$(E-Mail Removed)...
> You've tried it and it doesn't work? It shouldn't matter, I don't

believe.
> CDONTS will just generated the .eml file and drop it in the server's

pickup
> directory, and from there, it's up to the SMTP service to deliver the
> message, which should do so through whichever port you've specified in the
> service.
>
> Also, is this on NT? If 2000, you should be using CDO.
>
> Ray at work
>
> "Andrew Weaver" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > How do you change the port in which CDONTS will look for Microsoft

> SMTP
> > server? I have Imail running on port 25, and I have SMTP service running

> on
> > port 26. Any help you can provide me would be excellent.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > -Drew

Ray at

Check ou tthe Windows XP area on this page.
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2026