Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > wireless connection, files sharing

wireless connection, files sharing

=?Utf-8?B?SmFtZXM=?=

Hi, i have 2 computers connected to the internet via wireless router. i can
see both computers on my network place but i can access the other computer.
When i tried to access another computer i have error saying that i dont have
full access to the computer and i should contact the administrator for futher
assistance. Can someone please tell me how to gain access to other computer.
Thank you.

Malke

James wrote:

> Hi, i have 2 computers connected to the internet via wireless router.
> i can see both computers on my network place but i can access the
> other computer. When i tried to access another computer i have error
> saying that i dont have full access to the computer and i should
> contact the administrator for futher assistance. Can someone please
> tell me how to gain access to other computer. Thank you.

This is most commonly caused by a misconfigured firewall. If you are
using XP SP2 and only the Windows Firewall, check File & Printer
Sharing on the Exceptions tab. If you are using a third-party firewall,
make sure that you allow the lan as trusted and that you are not also
running the Windows Firewall.

Here is a network troubleshooter by MVP Hans-Georg Michna which will
help you pinpoint the problem areas:

http://www.michna.com/kb/wxnet.htm

And here are a few other general links (since we don't know what
operating systems you are running):

http://www.practicallynetworked.com/
http://www.wown.info/
http://www.ezlan.net/index.html