Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Response.buffer doesnt work

Response.buffer doesnt work

Copa

Hello,
I am testing buffering an asp page and Flushing information out to the
browser, hence i wrote the code in an asp page that follows this Message
Post.

The loops are suppose to simulate long search processes with a flush after
each search.
When i Navigate to the page, redirect to it from another page, or type the
URL to this page in the browser, the page is buffered until it reaches the
end of the file and is then displayed all at once instead of being flushed
at the appropriate interval i set. If i then right click in IE 6 and click
'refresh' then sometimes the page actually buffers out one text box about
every 5 seconds which would be correct, but this doesnt happen everytime.
It only seems to flush about 50% of the time, and only if I manually click
refresh.

If i change the response.buffer to equall False and remove the Flush
statements, hence it should display as it is processed, the browser still
doesnt display the page until the entire asp file is processed.

Can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong or if i have something set wrong.

I have Internet Information server 5.1 installed, the option for Buffering
is turned on, as does this page reaffirm that.

Regards,
Daniel Copa
Georgia Farm Bureau

<%@ Language=VBScript %>
<%
Response.Buffer =True
%>
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META NAME="GENERATOR" Content="Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0">
</HEAD>
<%
dim i, x

For i = 0 To 65526
For x = 0 To 200
next
Next
for i = 0 to 1000
Response.write i
next
Response.write "<INPUT id=hTotalItems name=hTotalItems value=""3""><BR>"
Response.Flush

For i = 0 To 65526
For x = 0 To 200
next
Next
for i = 0 to 1000
Response.write i
next
Response.write "<INPUT id=hItem1 name=hItem1 value=""1""><BR>"
Response.Flush

For i = 0 To 65526
For x = 0 To 200
next
next
for i = 0 to 1000
Response.write i
next
Response.write "<INPUT id=hItem2 name=hItem2 value=""2""><BR>"
Response.Flush

For i = 0 To 65526
For x = 0 To 200
next
Next
for i = 0 to 1000
Response.write i
next

Response.write "<INPUT id=hItem3 name=hItem3 value=""3"">"
%>
</BODY>
</HTML>

sort list doesnt work, key=str still doesnt work notnorwegian@yahoo.se Python 3 05-27-2008 04:32 AM
jsf core tag <f:param> doesnt work with <h:commandButton> but work with <h:commandLink> Janaka Perera Java 0 10-29-2007 08:10 PM
PC doesnt boot first time and doesnt shutdown dann Computer Support 6 08-21-2006 07:31 AM
read mail doesnt work ? Sleepy Firefox 1 01-04-2005 10:17 PM
autoscroll doesnt work vc Firefox 3 02-28-2004 12:08 AM

Advertisments