Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Writing form output to file

Writing form output to file

Ken

Hi ,

I need to be able to write results from a form picklist to a file. I know I
can append the output at the end of the file but is there a way to add the
output to a certain place in the file. i.e
Form output = PM.
Here is file sample that needs to be written to.
Session("dbFields") = "*"
Session("dbRs") = "Action"
Session("dbWhere") = "Category_Code=' This is where PM needs to be ' AND
Current_Status='Open'"
Session("dbGroupBy") = ""
Session("dbOrderBy") = "ID"

Thanks
Ken

Alan

I don't know what your code below has to do with a file but can you can
store a placeholder in your file/variable and use replace:

Session("dbWhere") = "Category_Code='@FORMVAR@' AND Current_Status='Open'"
Dim FormVar
FormVar = Request.Form("AmPm")
Session("dbWhere") = Replace (Session("dbWhere"), "@FORMVAR@", FormVar)