Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > equivalent to php_info()

equivalent to php_info()

Thomas Henz

Hi again,

is there an equivalent system plot like php_info() in asp?

thanks,

tom

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

Not the same set, but other than going through WMI or APIs, this is the
basic set of info you can retrieve from ASP.

for each x in request.servervariables
response.write x & "<br>" & _
request.servervariables(x) & "<p>"
next

"Thomas Henz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bi00be$hli$07$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com...
> Hi again,
>
> is there an equivalent system plot like php_info() in asp?
>
> thanks,
>
> tom

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

You can also check out www.perfhound.com - a free component that allows you
to view performance and configuration information for your server, from a
simple web interface.

"Thomas Henz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bi00be$hli$07$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com...
> Hi again,
>
> is there an equivalent system plot like php_info() in asp?
>
> thanks,
>
> tom

Guinness Mann

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> You can also check out www.perfhound.com - a free component that allows you
> to view performance and configuration information for your server, from a
> simple web interface.

Aaron,

I checked out the perfhound website and it claims that perfhound won't
run on Win XP Pro/IIS 5.1. Do you (or anyone) know how bad it gets if
one tries? Does it refuse to run at all? Crater the system? Miss bits
of functionality around the edges?

I could live with the latter.

-- Rick

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

> Well I tried to install perhound but it says somthing about missing
> permissions although I step by step did what the install.asp said.

Well, there are a ton of people using Perfhound out there successfully, so
all I can suggest is to go through the steps again.

Guinness Mann

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> The reason is that much of the functionality isn't supported in a
> workstation OS. It's meant for server diagnostics, and if you're using XP
> Pro as a server...

Sure I am, for development. But I'm not so much interested in the
performance statistics as I am in the other system information it
provides.

-- Rick