Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Acessing parent window from child on a Mac

Acessing parent window from child on a Mac

John Holmes

I know this probably isn't the right place to ask this question. If someone
knows of a good place to get help for this problem please point me that way.

I have an application that works fine with Windows clients that uses a child
window to enter in search criteria and then returns to the parent window
with the search results. It's a map based application using ESRI's ArcIMS
product.

The program isn't working with a Mac running IE. The function I'm using to
return to the parent window is below:

<script language='javascript'>

<!--

function gotoMap()

{

var objParent = window.opener;

var strParcelID = document.frmParcel.txtParcelNumber.value;

var strLocation = "/Gis/Applications/<%=AppName%>/asp/iMap.asp?Parcel=" +
strParcelID;

if (objParent) objParent.location = strLocation;

objParent.focus();

}

//-->

</script>

MSFT

You may also post the message to microsoft.public.inetexplorer.mac.

Luke

"Microsoft Security Announcement: Have you installed the patch for
Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-026?? If not Microsoft strongly advises
you to review the information at the following link regarding Microsoft
Security Bulletin MS03-026
http://www.microsoft.com/security/se...s/ms03-026.asp and/or to
visit Windows Update at http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com to install the
patch. Running the SCAN program from the Windows Update site will help to
insure you are current with all security patches, not just MS03-026."