Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Many Links

Many Links

Many Links

Hey!

I am creating a spot where people can redownload items if
they have access. I have everything written but the part
where people actually get to the page due to a huge
issue. So far there are 96 uniquie combinations of the 8
items they can download.

Here is the flow of my system.

Person creates a login, and in that login there is a spot
to put in a specific code for the items they need to have
access to. After that they are sent an email regarding
login location and login info.

The login site has all of the verfication to login, but i
am stuck at how to get the users to the actual page to
download due to the 94+ combos of items, (and that number
is only going to grow). Am i just screwed and this is
impossible without taking a HEAVY hit to the server or do
i need to find a program that does this?

Any help be greatly appreciated.

TomB

Without more info, I'd suggest creating 3 tables in a database.
Table1 is the Person table, which contains information about the users.
Table2 is the Download table, which contains information about the files
available for download.
Table3 is a many-to-many join table to connect table1 to table2, it contains
2 fields.

tblPeople
ID int IDENTITY
Fname varchar(50)
etc....

tblDownload
ID int IDENTITY
PrettyTitle varchar(50)
Filename varchar(255)

tblDownloadsByPeople
PersonID PK
DownloadID PK

So if I'm Person with ID number 1 and I'm allowed to download files 3,8,7
then the tblDownloadsByPeople would contain

PersonID DownloadID
1 3
1 8
1 7

"Many Links" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:023901c3634a$74f0be50$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hey!
>
> I am creating a spot where people can redownload items if
> they have access. I have everything written but the part
> where people actually get to the page due to a huge
> issue. So far there are 96 uniquie combinations of the 8
> items they can download.
>
> Here is the flow of my system.
>
> Person creates a login, and in that login there is a spot
> to put in a specific code for the items they need to have
> access to. After that they are sent an email regarding
> login location and login info.
>
> The login site has all of the verfication to login, but i
> am stuck at how to get the users to the actual page to
> download due to the 94+ combos of items, (and that number
> is only going to grow). Am i just screwed and this is
> impossible without taking a HEAVY hit to the server or do
> i need to find a program that does this?
>
> Any help be greatly appreciated.

MSFT

Yes, great solution. I also agee with you. We can create the dynamic output
in the ASP page based on the query result. For example, the options in the
combo control. The performance is based on your server and database. I
believe SQL server is suitable for this case.

Luke

"Microsoft Security Announcement: Have you installed the patch for
Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-026?? If not Microsoft strongly advises
you to review the information at the following link regarding Microsoft
Security Bulletin MS03-026
http://www.microsoft.com/security/se...s/ms03-026.asp and/or to
visit Windows Update at http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com to install the
patch. Running the SCAN program from the Windows Update site will help to
insure you are current with all security patches, not just MS03-026."