Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Session cookie in HTTP header

Session cookie in HTTP header

Andrew Parish

I'm writing an application to authenticate a user using a challenge
response mechanism. The client and server components of the
application talk over HTTP.

I would like to use an ASP session object to hold a random number on
the server. The code to store the number is written as part of a VB
web class.

When I read the http header returned from my server, I can't see the
session cookie. Why is this? If I create a normal cookie as part of
my web class, it is returned correctly within the header.

I am using HttpQueryInfo the read the header as follows:

blnReturn = CBool(HttpQueryInfo(hOpenRequest, HTTP_QUERY_RAW_HEADERS,
ByVal strBuffer, Len(strBuffer), 0))

Thanks for your help,
Andrew

Ken Schaefer

Is ASPSession State turned on? It can be disabled on the server, or in the
actual ASP page (via EnableSessionState=False)

Cheers
Ken

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
: