Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Entering data, spreadsheet-style

Entering data, spreadsheet-style

Marco Alting

Hi

I would like to know if and how it would be possible to create an
entry-screen that allows the user to enter data in a database, using a
spreadsheet/table-like entry screen. The screen would start of having
headers for each column/field and an empty row underneath. When each column
in the row is filled in, the user must have an option to add another row.

I'm look for the code/explanation that helps me set up the entry screen, and
the ASP code to add the entered data in the database.

I can imagine that each entered row is added to the table when a new row is
added, or a button is pressed and then the screen refreshes with the newly
entered information and a new row...

Hope you can help!

David Morgan

"Office Web Components" or ASP.NET

"Marco Alting" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:GDq_a.353586$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Hi
>
> I would like to know if and how it would be possible to create an
> entry-screen that allows the user to enter data in a database, using a
> spreadsheet/table-like entry screen. The screen would start of having
> headers for each column/field and an empty row underneath. When each

column
> in the row is filled in, the user must have an option to add another row.
>
> I'm look for the code/explanation that helps me set up the entry screen,

and
> the ASP code to add the entered data in the database.
>
> I can imagine that each entered row is added to the table when a new row

is
> added, or a button is pressed and then the screen refreshes with the newly
> entered information and a new row...
>

> Hope you can help!

Marco Alting

I don't have a server that allows Office Web Components, so if there is
any other way of doing this, I would love to know.