Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > InStr, substr, Mid ???

InStr, substr, Mid ???

J. Muenchbourg

I have a field name "tracks" of string data type that has multiple names
in it (for example: calder delaware$ aqueduct ), and I want to check to
see if this certain field has "delaware$" in it. InStr or the Mid
functions return the numerical order of where that string starts inside
the string, but it doesnt tell me if "delaware$" exists in "tracks".

????
Muench

Alan

If (Instr(1, tracks, "delaware$", vbTextCompare) <> 0) Then

' delaware$ is in the string

End If

Just watch out for other return values from Instr - check MSDN.

Cheers,

Alan

news:(E-Mail Removed)...