Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Secure Website

Secure Website

Ashish Jassra

This is regarding a project where we have to built a secure
website (HTTPS). kindly let me know

1) how is developing a secure website (https) different
from
developing a normal site (http).

2) What are the issues that one would face?

3) How is certificate bought?

4) How many type of certificates are available in market?

5) How do we install/ configure a certificate and
webserver?

6) How is development different in secure website scenario?

7) Does it effect database layer of application in anyway?

TIA,

Manohar Kamath [MVP]

The only difference between secure and insecure sites is the presence of a
certificate. Search for SSL and IIS on http://support.microsoft.com and you
will come across several articles how to install certificates. The
development effort with SSL is no different from a non-secure site, and it
does not affect any of your data layers.

--
Manohar Kamath
Editor, .netBooks

"Ashish Jassra" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:067e01c36007$c3f0c680$(E-Mail Removed)...
> This is regarding a project where we have to built a secure
> website (HTTPS). kindly let me know
>
> 1) how is developing a secure website (https) different
> from
> developing a normal site (http).
>
> 2) What are the issues that one would face?
>
> 3) How is certificate bought?
>
> 4) How many type of certificates are available in market?
>
> 5) How do we install/ configure a certificate and
> webserver?
>
> 6) How is development different in secure website scenario?
>
> 7) Does it effect database layer of application in anyway?
>

> TIA,

Mike

See this also

http://www.iisfaq.com/