Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > hello world (asp.net) problem (syntax error) help needed :(

hello world (asp.net) problem (syntax error) help needed :(

Dr DOOM

Hi folks...I've just installed asp.net framework and asp.net sdk and I've
cut and pasted a file from the web to test that it works.

The problem is that I get this error message which says:

Line: 3
Char: 9
Error: Expected ';'
Code: 0

Anyway this is what I tried. http://www.asp101.com/lessons/firstpage.asp

I know it must be a really basic syntax error but wtf; I just copy and
pasted this code which really really should be correct. I also am working on
one of my intro pracs and it also returned the same error so what's going
on?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The code I used is shown below:

<%@ Page Language="VB" %>
<script runat="server">
Sub Page_Load(Sender As Object, E As EventArgs)
HelloWorld.Text = "Hello World!"
End Sub
</script>

<head>
<title>ASP.NET Hello World</title>
</head>

Alan

Hi mate, the .NET newsgroups have 'dotnet' in them. You'll get better
mileage asking your question there.

Cheers,

Alan

"Dr DOOM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3f35c338$0$28121$(E-Mail Removed) u...
> Hi folks...I've just installed asp.net framework and asp.net sdk and I've
> cut and pasted a file from the web to test that it works.
>
> The problem is that I get this error message which says:
>
> Line: 3
> Char: 9
> Error: Expected ';'
> Code: 0
>
> Anyway this is what I tried. http://www.asp101.com/lessons/firstpage.asp
>
> I know it must be a really basic syntax error but wtf; I just copy and
> pasted this code which really really should be correct. I also am working

on
> one of my intro pracs and it also returned the same error so what's going
> on?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> The code I used is shown below:
>
> <%@ Page Language="VB" %>
> <script runat="server">
> Sub Page_Load(Sender As Object, E As EventArgs)
> HelloWorld.Text = "Hello World!"
> End Sub
> </script>

> <head>