Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Saving an HTML file using ASP

Saving an HTML file using ASP

Fox

Hi,

I am dynamically generating an HTML coded
file. Sometimes I need to save the file, but cannot
do it manually. I am hoping someone can
help me get started on how to code the file
with ASP in order to have it save itself ?
Of course I will generate it as an ASP file
first.

Regards,
Fox

Fox

"Curt_C [MVP]" <Software_AT_Darkfalz.com> wrote in message
news:e#(E-Mail Removed)...
> huh?
> Look at FSO to create/save files

> Curt Christianson (Software_AT_Darkfalz.Com)
> Owner/Lead Designer, DF-Software
> http://www.Darkfalz.com
> ..Offering free scripts & code snippits for everyone...
>
> "Fox" <fox @ connexions .net> wrote in message
> news:OTxj3#(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am dynamically generating an HTML coded
> > file. Sometimes I need to save the file, but cannot
> > do it manually. I am hoping someone can
> > help me get started on how to code the file
> > with ASP in order to have it save itself ?
> > Of course I will generate it as an ASP file
> > first.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Fox

I've been trying FSO but I keep getting error 500.
All permissions are in place. I'm stumped.
Also, how do you save a complete file, do you
have to read through it and save it line by line ?
Or is there a way to save the complete page that
was generated, all at once ?

Thanks,
Fox