Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > XMLDOM - Parsing

XMLDOM - Parsing

Mike Labman

I'm parsing an XML document using the XMLDOM object in ASP. I am
running into a problem with a section formatted like this:

<MasterElement>
TitleOfElement
<Abbreviation>
TOE
</Abbreviation>
</MasterElement>

If I use node.text, I get TitleOfElement TOE. I need to seperate the
two but cannot find any reference that addresses this. Of course I can
manually parse using standard functions like InStr, but it seems like
there should be a more proper way to extract the data. Anyone run into
this?

Thanks

Manohar Kamath [MVP]

Looks like TitleOfElement TOE is a single value, so you can not separate
them using any in-built XMLDOM functions. Any XML parsing requires that the
values are somehow separated.

--
Manohar Kamath
Editor, .netBooks

"Mike Labman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm parsing an XML document using the XMLDOM object in ASP. I am
> running into a problem with a section formatted like this:
>
> <MasterElement>
> TitleOfElement
> <Abbreviation>
> TOE
> </Abbreviation>
> </MasterElement>
>
> If I use node.text, I get TitleOfElement TOE. I need to seperate the
> two but cannot find any reference that addresses this. Of course I can
> manually parse using standard functions like InStr, but it seems like
> there should be a more proper way to extract the data. Anyone run into
> this?
>
> Thanks

Microsoft.XMLDOM ASP XML parsing B ASP General 9 01-16-2006 07:52 PM
XMLHttpRequest + XMLDOM Trip ASP .Net 2 10-11-2005 03:45 PM
XMLHttpRequest + XMLDOM Trip ASP .Net 0 10-08-2005 05:25 PM
Setting encoding type for parser Microsoft.XMLDOM Lamberti Fabrizio HTML 0 06-23-2004 04:59 PM

Advertisments