Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Creating a new asp.net project on a remote webserver

Creating a new asp.net project on a remote webserver

rr

Environment:
Development PC: W2K Professional
WebServer: W2K Server, IIS 5.0
Peer-to-Peer network

I'd like to create a new asp.net project on a remote server (not on the
local (development) machine. I have looked for info on how to do this, but
all I can find are instructions on how to create on localhost, then deploy
later to remote machine.

Thanks.

Rino

Evertjan.

rr wrote on 03 aug 2003 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

> I'd like to create a new asp.net project on a remote server (not on
> the local (development) machine. I have looked for info on how to do
> this, but all I can find are instructions on how to create on
> localhost, then deploy later to remote machine.

Yes ! As this is a classic ASP NG, please go to a dotnet NG.

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

DvDmanDT

And if he/me can't find one? (No, I'm not he, but I want one as well and
besides, where does it say it's a classic asp newsgroup?)

--
// DvDmanDT
MSN: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
"Evertjan." <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
> rr wrote on 03 aug 2003 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
>
> > I'd like to create a new asp.net project on a remote server (not on
> > the local (development) machine. I have looked for info on how to do
> > this, but all I can find are instructions on how to create on
> > localhost, then deploy later to remote machine.
> >
> > Can anyone point me in the right direction?

> Yes ! As this is a classic ASP NG, please go to a dotnet NG.
>

> --
> Evertjan.
> The Netherlands.

Ray at

Search for dotnet or aspnet in your news reader.

Ray at home

--
Will trade ASP help for SQL Server help

"DvDmanDT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:nseXa.22788$(E-Mail Removed)...
> And if he/me can't find one? (No, I'm not he, but I want one as well and
> besides, where does it say it's a classic asp newsgroup?)
>
> --
> // DvDmanDT
> MSN: (E-Mail Removed)
> Mail: (E-Mail Removed)
> "Evertjan." <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
> > rr wrote on 03 aug 2003 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
> >
> > > I'd like to create a new asp.net project on a remote server (not on
> > > the local (development) machine. I have looked for info on how to do
> > > this, but all I can find are instructions on how to create on
> > > localhost, then deploy later to remote machine.
> > >
> > > Can anyone point me in the right direction?

> > Yes ! As this is a classic ASP NG, please go to a dotnet NG.
> >

> > --
> > Evertjan.
> > The Netherlands.
> > (Please change the x'es to dots in my emailaddress)

Bob Barrows

DvDmanDT wrote:
> And if he/me can't find one? (No, I'm not he, but I want one as well
> and besides, where does it say it's a classic asp newsgroup?)

Right there in its name.

You can tell the dotnet newsgroups by the presence of the word "dotnet" in
their names.There are several dotnet groups on this news server.
microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet is one of them.

Evertjan.

DvDmanDT wrote on 03 aug 2003 in

<http://www.developersdex.com/newsgroups.asp>

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

DvDmanDT

Cause I always thought that was somewhat better... The don't have some
screwed cache on often visited stuff, no proxy, no port blocking, no
bandwidth limit, no smtp limitations, and as far as i knew no NNTP
limitations... Guess I was wrong...

--
// DvDmanDT
MSN: (E-Mail Removed)
"Ray at <%=sLocation%>" <myfirstname at lane34 dot com> skrev i meddelandet
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Why are you using your ISP's server? Use Microsoft's.

msnews.microsoft.com
> as your NNTP server.
>
> Ray at home
>
> --
> Will trade ASP help for SQL Server help
>

> "DvDmanDT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:K7fXa.22794$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > WTF!!! There's not a single group named anything with dotnet or aspnet

in
> my
> > list (yes, I clicked update)... My ISP sucks... Hmm... Anyone know a

free
> > NNTP server I can use? I lost my list with like 50 free servers or so...
> >
> > --
> > // DvDmanDT
> > MSN: (E-Mail Removed)
> > Mail: (E-Mail Removed)
> > "Bob Barrows" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
> > news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > >

> > > Right there in its name.
> > >
> > > You can tell the dotnet newsgroups by the presence of the word

"dotnet"
> in
> > > their names.There are several dotnet groups on this news server.
> > > microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet is one of them.

Ray at

Nah, using MS's server is better. You don't have to worry about a
"middle-man" server then. And if there are any restriction about post
sizes, you'll be restricted using your ISP's server too, but you won't know
it, since your ISP's server will accept the post, whereas if you post
directly to MS's server, you'll get an error response back when you post.

Ray at home

--
Will trade ASP help for SQL Server help

"DvDmanDT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:RhgXa.22803$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Cause I always thought that was somewhat better... The don't have some
> screwed cache on often visited stuff, no proxy, no port blocking, no
> bandwidth limit, no smtp limitations, and as far as i knew no NNTP
> limitations... Guess I was wrong...

DvDmanDT

Yes, so do I nowdays... And I'm searching more nntp servers... I got
news.php.net, news1.telia.com and msnnews.microsoft.com or whatever...

--
// DvDmanDT
MSN: (E-Mail Removed)
Mail: (E-Mail Removed)
"Ray at <%=sLocation%>" <myfirstname at lane34 dot com> skrev i meddelandet
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> You can still keep your other groups. You're using Outlook Express 6, and
> that supports multiple nntp accounts. Add a second account. I also

follow
> other non MS groups, so I have one nntp account in OE with MS's news

server,
> and then one with my ISP.
>
> Ray at home
>
> --
> Will trade ASP help for SQL Server help
>

> "DvDmanDT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:EpgXa.22805$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Well, there are more groups I read as well than just MS releated...
> > Accutually, this is the only one... Not anymore, now it's 4 groups...

But
> > read more than 10 on Apache/PHP... Plus that I'm following Mailing lists
> > there...
> >
> > --
> > // DvDmanDT
> > MSN: (E-Mail Removed)
> > Mail: (E-Mail Removed)
> > "Ray at <%=sLocation%>" <myfirstname at lane34 dot com> skrev i

> meddelandet
> > news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Nah, using MS's server is better. You don't have to worry about a
> > > "middle-man" server then. And if there are any restriction about post
> > > sizes, you'll be restricted using your ISP's server too, but you won't

> > know
> > > it, since your ISP's server will accept the post, whereas if you post
> > > directly to MS's server, you'll get an error response back when you

> post.
> > >
> > > Ray at home
> > >
> > > --
> > > Will trade ASP help for SQL Server help
> > >

> > > "DvDmanDT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:RhgXa.22803$(E-Mail Removed)...

some

Ray at

Nice! I didn't know about news.php.net. I just added that account. Thank
you!

Ray at home

--
Will trade ASP help for SQL Server help