Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > server.execute and frames

server.execute and frames

Mats

We have a webshop that has frames (content and "menu in two parts")
I'm experimenting with the general layout and have changed the
location of the link to the cart to be in the (upper) menu frame. The
cart is hidden unless you "call" it.
When something is added to the cart there is a redirect back to where
the customer put something in the cart.
But I also want the link to the cart to change so that it reflects the
fact that something has been put there.
I've tried Server.Execute("logg2.asp") but nothing happens, but a
refresh changes the link.
We use Server.Execute for asp pages in the same frame and that works,
so
I suspect this to be the result of logg2.asp being in another frame
than basket.asp (the cart).
Any ideas (besides not using frames)
Mats
PS I'd rather use dhtml and layers, but the browser support for that
is not sufficient (yet)

Mats

Nope- I'm not trying to direct something to another frame. As ASP is
serverside I thought that a Server.Execute would generate a result
regardless of frame, but that does not seem to bee the case.
Server.Execute("logg2.asp") should simply result in a slightly changed
link to the cart, the visible text now "You have items in your cart"
instead of just
"Your cart", but nothing happens. However if you refresh the side
(e.g. hit F5)
the text changes
Mats

having a problem with scrolling frames as if no frames surfunbear@yahoo.com HTML 0 03-08-2006 09:54 PM
Frames and borders around specific frames meyousikmann@yahoo.com HTML 1 02-10-2006 11:12 PM
Frames or not Frames... Ale HTML 17 08-05-2005 12:10 AM
Link needed to go from a non-frames page to a Frames page, and load a particular frame. How? - Newbe Philip HTML 3 06-28-2004 03:06 PM
From Frames to no frames? Powerslave2112 HTML 2 01-20-2004 10:30 PM

Advertisments