Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Working with a Memo Field

Working with a Memo Field

David Lozzi

Here is what I am trying to do

filecont = objRS("contents")
filecont = replace(filecont,vbLF,",")

if i use the objRS instead of the filecont in the replace function i get the
same issue. If I do anything with this field (use InStr, or other menial
functions) I get no records can be displayed. The contents field is a memo
field within Access, i am wondering if this is causing the issue?

thanks

--
David Lozzi
Associated Business & Technology Group

I should've known that....but I had a brain fart.

Ken Schaefer

Try:
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=200124

Cheers
Ken

"David Lozzi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OgwBR3$(E-Mail Removed)...
: Here is what I am trying to do
:
:
: filecont = objRS("contents")
: filecont = replace(filecont,vbLF,",")
:
: if i use the objRS instead of the filecont in the replace function i get
the
: same issue. If I do anything with this field (use InStr, or other menial
: functions) I get no records can be displayed. The contents field is a memo
: field within Access, i am wondering if this is causing the issue?
:
: thanks
:
: --
: David Lozzi
: Associated Business & Technology Group
: www.associatedbtg.com
:
: I should've known that....but I had a brain fart.
:
:

David Lozzi

YOU DA MAN!

Thank you, it works great now!

--
David Lozzi
Associated Business & Technology Group
www.associatedbtg.com

I should've known that....but I had a brain fart.
"Ken Schaefer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Try:
> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=200124
>
> Cheers
> Ken
>
> "David Lozzi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:OgwBR3$(E-Mail Removed)...
> : Here is what I am trying to do
> :
> :
> : filecont = objRS("contents")
> : filecont = replace(filecont,vbLF,",")
> :
> : if i use the objRS instead of the filecont in the replace function i get
> the
> : same issue. If I do anything with this field (use InStr, or other menial
> : functions) I get no records can be displayed. The contents field is a

memo
> : field within Access, i am wondering if this is causing the issue?
> :
> : thanks
> :
> : --
> : David Lozzi
> : Associated Business & Technology Group
> : www.associatedbtg.com
> :
> : I should've known that....but I had a brain fart.
> :
> :

Display an Access Memo field in a GridView or DetailsView Hanno ASP .Net Datagrid Control 3 08-06-2006 03:22 PM
Update Access Memo field from ASP.NET =?Utf-8?B?TWF0dA==?= ASP .Net 6 04-11-2005 01:22 PM
memo -field-urgent monika ASP General 3 09-17-2003 03:50 AM
ASP Paging on a searched memo field Hate Spam ASP General 2 08-09-2003 12:54 AM
MS Access Memo Field and ASP Jim Plante ASP General 2 08-06-2003 08:18 PM

Advertisments