Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Can the request length be more then 2088?

Can the request length be more then 2088?

Konstantin Mironov

Hi!

We have web site on IIS 5.0 for sending purchase-orders to database on MS
SQL through ASP and ADO. The purchase-order is being sending to .asp script
as web request, but the script recieves only the first 2088 characters of
request. Is it possible to increase this parameter somehow, or to set it
unlimited? Does the IE limit the request length, or IIS? Thanks.

Ray at

See here http://www.aspfaq.com/2222. Perhaps you should be using the post
method instead of get anyway. It sounds from your brief description that if
I entered your url and kept refreshing, each refresh would be a
purchase-order. Eegs!

Ray at work

"Konstantin Mironov" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OrLZqm$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi!
>
> We have web site on IIS 5.0 for sending purchase-orders to database on MS
> SQL through ASP and ADO. The purchase-order is being sending to .asp

script
> as web request, but the script recieves only the first 2088 characters of
> request. Is it possible to increase this parameter somehow, or to set it
> unlimited? Does the IE limit the request length, or IIS? Thanks.

Phill. W

"Konstantin Mironov" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OrLZqm$(E-Mail Removed)...
.. . .
> as web request, but the script recieves only the first 2088 characters of
> request. Is it possible to increase this parameter somehow, or to set it
> unlimited?

No.

> Does the IE limit the request length, or IIS?

IIRC, it's IIS that imposes the limit, which varies depending on the
version of IIS - on some versions it's as low as 1024(-ish).

TO get around this, submit your data using the POST method
instead of GET. This passes the data in Request.Form, which has
a much bigger capapcity.

HTH,
Phill W.