Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Creating Clean URLs

Creating Clean URLs

Creative Acceleration

Hi all,

I need to convert the Query Strings into Clean URLs, Found some articles on
PHP and Apache server.. How do we it them with ASP ??

Thanks
Kart

Ray at

What do you mean? What's a clean URL?

Ray at home

--
Will trade ASP help for SQL Server help

"Creative Acceleration" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23V1K2G%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
>
> I need to convert the Query Strings into Clean URLs, Found some articles

on
> PHP and Apache server.. How do we it them with ASP ??
>

> Thanks
> Kart

Creative Acceleration

hi

instead of http://www.developersdex.com/asp/mes...=3263138&p=577
i need http://www.developersdex.com/asp/message/r/263138/p/577

I am sure you might have noticed these kinds of URLs..
they are search engine friendly

Rgds
Kart

news:OcQVxI#(E-Mail Removed)...
> What do you mean? What's a clean URL?
>
> Ray at home
>
> --
> Will trade ASP help for SQL Server help
>

> "Creative Acceleration" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%23V1K2G%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I need to convert the Query Strings into Clean URLs, Found some articles

> on
> > PHP and Apache server.. How do we it them with ASP ??
> >

> > Thanks
> > Kart

Max Payne

Why don't you just replace everything with and between ? and =, & and =
with / ?

Creative Acceleration wrote:

| instead of
| http://www.developersdex.com/asp/mes...=3263138&p=577 i need
| http://www.developersdex.com/asp/message/r/263138/p/577
|
| I am sure you might have noticed these kinds of URLs..
| they are search engine friendly

Max Payne

My mistake. Replace all ?, & and = with /.

Max Payne wrote:

| Why don't you just replace everything with and between ? and =, & and
| = with / ?
|

| Creative Acceleration wrote:
|
|| instead of
|| http://www.developersdex.com/asp/mes...=3263138&p=577 i need
|| http://www.developersdex.com/asp/message/r/263138/p/577
|| I am sure you might have noticed these kinds of URLs..
|| they are search engine friendly

Ken Schaefer

Because he wants a user to enter:
http://www.developersdex.com/asp/message/r/263138/p/577
and that will "automagically" be turned into:
http://www.developersdex.com/asp/mes...=3263138&p=577
without the user knowing.

Cheers
Ken

"Max Payne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uCCeQk$(E-Mail Removed)...
: My mistake. Replace all ?, & and = with /.
:
:
: Max Payne wrote:
:
: | Why don't you just replace everything with and between ? and =, & and
: | = with / ?
: |
: |
: | Creative Acceleration wrote:
: |
: || instead of
: || http://www.developersdex.com/asp/mes...=3263138&p=577 i need
: || http://www.developersdex.com/asp/message/r/263138/p/577
: ||
: || I am sure you might have noticed these kinds of URLs..
: || they are search engine friendly
:
:

Max Payne

Oh, the other way around. How will the webserver know where the real URL
ends and the fake starts?

Ken Schaefer wrote:

| Because he wants a user to enter:
| http://www.developersdex.com/asp/message/r/263138/p/577
| and that will "automagically" be turned into:
| http://www.developersdex.com/asp/mes...=3263138&p=577
| without the user knowing.

Creative Acceleration

hey max,

yea, How will the server understand whatswhat ?

My main idea is to index all content insdie the database .. which Google
will not do .. i think Google can index only files that reside on the
server, and not dynamic pages that keep changing data from a databse ..

the reference from ASP101 by A Ratcliffe, is good. Jus going through it,
guess thats what i was looking for :] :]

Rgds
Kart