Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > html rendered in Managed Newsgroups

html rendered in Managed Newsgroups

John Beschler

Maybe I'm losing my mind, but...

Whenever someone posts code in one of these newsgroups
(i.e. this one!) My browser is rendering the code and NOT
displaying the source.

For example, Ray's response to the question
about "Request.form.count varies by machine"
renders the text box with the test "something else" in it.

I think this is a new phenomena, as I don't remember this
happening before.

Any idea what is causing this?

Thanks,

Ray at

Whatever online newsreader you're using isn't html encoding or something
then. That's odd. This should show up as html for you then, I'd imagine:

<input name="txt" type="text" value="something
else">

I wonder if this will work.
<script language="javascript">alert('Hey John');</script>

Ray at work

"John Beschler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:021301c356d2$2cccb540$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Maybe I'm losing my mind, but...
>
> Whenever someone posts code in one of these newsgroups
> (i.e. this one!) My browser is rendering the code and NOT
> displaying the source.
>
> For example, Ray's response to the question
> about "Request.form.count varies by machine"
> renders the text box with the test "something else" in it.
>
> I think this is a new phenomena, as I don't remember this
> happening before.
>
> Any idea what is causing this?
>
> Thanks,

John Beschler

It's all rather peculiar. Your line with the "<input..."
showed up as source; however, I got you JS alert when I
hit the page!

I am using the MSDN web interface to the newsgroups at:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/newsgroups/managed/

John Beschler

Talk about a security hole!

guess if anyone knows
>anyone at MS, they should be alerted. Anyone?
>
>Ray at work
>
>"John Beschler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:024201c356d4$2f2b53d0$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> It's all rather peculiar. Your line with the "<input..."
>> showed up as source; however, I got you JS alert when I
>> hit the page!
>>
>> I am using the MSDN web interface to the newsgroups at:
>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/newsgroups/managed/

cript">alert('Hey