Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > another error type

another error type

Iona

Thanks for the reply it helped me but then I get this

Error Type:
Provider (0x80004005)
Unspecified error
/asp/PPLMain/memberpage.asp, line 10

and my line 10 is still

RsMember.ActiveConnection = MM_connPPL2_STRING

I dont understand. Anyone can help me?

-----------------------------
This message is posted by http://Asp.ForumsZone.com

Ken Schaefer

That's a bad way of doing things.

You should be:
a) opening an explicit connection object
b) setting the recordset's .ActiveConnection property to the connection
object
c) explicitly closing the connection object at the end of the page

<%
Set objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
objConn.Open MM_connPPL2_STRING

Set objRS = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
Set objRS.ActiveConnection = objConn
'
' Rest of the page here
'
objConn.Close
Set objConn = Nothing
%>

At the moment you are implicitly creating a connection to the database, but
you never closing it. It's hanging around until it eventually times out. The
number of open connections is probably building up until you get this error.

Cheers
Ken

"Iona" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
: Thanks for the reply it helped me but then I get this
: