Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How do I call a DLL on the client's PC

How do I call a DLL on the client's PC

=?Utf-8?B?Um9uIFJhc211c3Nlbg==?=

Greetings

I have a webform that I need to download a DLL to the client's PC and then call the DLL and pass it a value. I have looked everywhere but I can't find a good example

Any suggestions?

Ron

Natty Gur

Hi,

Those two articles will guide you. Read them well not just to see how
technically it done but to understand how, when and where. Reading those
articles will solve you lots of hours.

1) http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/02/06/rich/
2) http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/is...tSmartClients/

Natty Gur[MVP]

blog : http://weblogs.asp.net/ngur
Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377

Calvin Luttrell/ProjectThunder.com

Ron,

You may want to consider a winform application running from internet explorer unless that is what you mean by webform. An ASP.Net webform is not going to download a DLL and run code form it very easily. What are you trying to accomplish?

> I have a webform that I need to download a DLL to the client's PC and then call the DLL and pass it a value. I have looked everywhere but I can't find a good example.

-Calvin Luttrell
ProjectThunder.com

=?Utf-8?B?Um9uIFJhc211c3Nlbg==?=

Specifically what I want to do is automate WORD on the client PC that incorporated data from our server. I have a DLL that if you pass it a customer ID it gets the dat, creates a WORD document on the client PC and then prints it

Thank

Ron