Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Inserting dynamic content into an HTML page

Inserting dynamic content into an HTML page

John South

Hi

Can anyone tell me how to insert, within an html page, content that is
returned from an asp page on another server?

I've seen it done like this:

<iframe src="http://domainserver/dataCentri/Readers/Reader.asp></iframe>

but i'm told that <iframe> is not well supported in browsers.
Is there a better way?

Cheers

John South
Pangbourne UK

Ray at

If you want to do it server-side and use your server like it's a proxy
server or something, here's how you can do it with code.
http://www.aspfaq.com/2173

I'd just use the iframe if it were me though.

Ray at work

"John South" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi
>
> Can anyone tell me how to insert, within an html page, content that is
> returned from an asp page on another server?
>
> I've seen it done like this:
>
> <iframe src="http://domainserver/dataCentri/Readers/Reader.asp></iframe>
>
> but i'm told that <iframe> is not well supported in browsers.
> Is there a better way?
>
> Cheers
>
> John South
> Pangbourne UK