Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Server Application Error

Server Application Error

Andreas Muschkat

I have a big problem. I have to manage a windows server with 20
domains. Some have .asp-pages, some not. I dont have programmed this
pages. The server was new installed (on puretec), the scripts and some
other stuff to.
Now, the server is running, but sometimes on all asp-pages there
become an error:

Server Application Error
The server has reached the maximum recovery limit for the application
during the processing of your request. Please contact the server
administrator for assistance.

What does it mean? What can I do to find the error? I have search on
some newsgroups und have found out, that one asp-Skript take to many
ressources and "shoot out" the service. But I don't know what script
in which domain? Can somebody help me?

The server has Win 2000 SP3, IIS 5.0

Best regards,
Andreas

Richard Marr

Andreas,

Good to here its working.
PS I was confused by the use of domains when referring to the
applications, which is why I repeated the isolation steps.

rights. You assume all risk for your use. 2002 Microsoft Corporation. All
rights reserved."

Richard Marr
Microsoft IIS Support Professional