Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > RS causing strange error

RS causing strange error

Bill

For some reason,, the following recordset rs("w2itd1") will run fine
when I'm looping it out on a page, but when I have it inside a sql
statement, I get errors.

for example:

sql = " Insert into table (title) values ('"& rs("w2itd1") &"') "

This will give me an error. The contents of this rs is a book title.
Oddly enough, however, if I enter any other of the rs("fieldnames")
that I have, in exactly the same fashion, I have no problem. There
just seems to be an issue with the text coming thorugh. Can someone
indicate what the problem could be?

Thanks,

Bill

Atrax

1. what error exactly?
2. Response.Write strSQL

Atrax. MVP, IIS
http://rtfm.atrax.co.uk/

newsflash : Atrax.Richedit 1.0 now released.
http://rtfm.atrax.co.uk/infinitemonk...trax.RichEdit/