Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Triggering an EXE

Triggering an EXE

Arun

My requirement is to trigger an exe in the client. Once I click a button it should trigger an exe in the client machine itself. Any way of achieving this?

Arun

-----------------------------
This message is posted by http://Asp.ForumsZone.com

solex

Client side JavaScript or VBScript.

"Arun" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My requirement is to trigger an exe in the client. Once I click a button

it should trigger an exe in the client machine itself. Any way of achieving
this?

> Arun
>
> -----------------------------
> This message is posted by http://Asp.ForumsZone.com

Jon Mundsack

"Arun" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My requirement is to trigger an exe in the client. Once I click a button

it should
> trigger an exe in the client machine itself. Any way of achieving this?

Client-side scripting doesn't provide a mechanism for running execuables on
the client (and rightfully so, as this would be a huge security risk). The
closest thing to this would be to create an ActiveX control (for IE) or a
plugin (for Netscape) that runs the executable; however, you should know
that people's browser settings can prevent even these components from
running and you're back at square one. What does this executable do? Are
there other possible solutions?

HTH-Jon

Client Side OnBlur Triggering Validation =?Utf-8?B?Sm9lLkRhdHRpbG8=?= ASP .Net 1 06-18-2004 09:06 PM
Triggering Button clicked event when I hit enter key at edit box.... Veeresh ASP .Net 1 06-16-2004 07:38 AM
Triggering dial-up Marco Wong Cisco 1 11-28-2003 02:23 PM
Triggering both client and server side scripts Karim ASP .Net 3 11-26-2003 04:20 PM
CustomControl - Not triggering on an empty field. Eric B ASP .Net 1 09-03-2003 09:24 AM

Advertisments