Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > pdf docs

pdf docs

Paul

Can someone tell me if it is possible to perform merge operations on a pdf
file.

My client wants a user to fill in an on screen form and then have the
results merged into a pdf template ?

Thanks in advance

Tom Kaminski [MVP]

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can someone tell me if it is possible to perform merge operations on a pdf
> file.
>
> My client wants a user to fill in an on screen form and then have the
> results merged into a pdf template ?

If you want to create a new PDF with those results permanently embedded in
the PDF, you'll need to use a 3rd party component. I built an application
that does just this using the Toolkit from http://www.activepdf.com.

--
Tom Kaminski IIS MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Mark Andrews

You could use our product if it makes sense to start what you are calling
the
"PDF template" as a Microsoft Access report. Otherwise check out some of
the
PDF third party components. www.aspfaq.com I believe has a good list of
them.

Mark