Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Where to keep the configuration?

Where to keep the configuration?

Neo Chou

Greetings!

I'm not very good at ASP, but I'm using ASP to design a website. I know
that I can keep some configurable values, such as Server Name, Database Name
and even Login Username and Password in "web.config" under ASP.Net. As to
ASP, is there a way like this? I'm curious about where to keep them.

Thanks in advance.

Neo

Ray at

I typically will keep constants and what not in an include file.

site.asp:
<%
Const APP_NAME = "Ray's Web-Based Application"
''other constants and what not
%>

some page in app:

<!-- #include virtual="/inc/site.asp" -->

<title><%=APP_NAME%></title>

Or something along those lines.

Ray at home

--
Will trade ASP help for SQL Server help

"Neo Chou" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Greetings!
>
> I'm not very good at ASP, but I'm using ASP to design a website. I know
> that I can keep some configurable values, such as Server Name, Database

Name
> and even Login Username and Password in "web.config" under ASP.Net. As to
> ASP, is there a way like this? I'm curious about where to keep them.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Neo

Ray at

I still have never used global.asa once in any application I've created.
There is no reason for that. I think I'm probably foolish for never using,
but I'm just really never in the mood to see that file extension, I guess.
It makes me think about triangles, which are my least favorite shape. :]

Ray at home

--
Will trade ASP help for SQL Server help

"Curt_C [MVP]" <Software_AT_Darkfalz.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Global.asa works well, as Application values

> Curt Christianson (Software_AT_Darkfalz.Com)

Ray at

And http access to *.inc is explicitly denied by default, I believe, which
is a nice default.