Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Install IIS on XP Pro

Install IIS on XP Pro

Steven K

Hello,

I just installed IIS on Windows XP Pro. The problem that I am having is
that I can use http://127.0.0.1/ however, if I try to use http://localhost/
the web browser tries to jump to http://www.localhost.com/. I have IIS
running on W2K and I am able to use the localhost URL. Am I missing
something?

--
Thanks in advance,

Steven

Tom B

Do you have a network card?
what happens if you ping localhost?
"Steven K" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> I just installed IIS on Windows XP Pro. The problem that I am having is
> that I can use http://127.0.0.1/ however, if I try to use

http://localhost/
> the web browser tries to jump to http://www.localhost.com/. I have IIS
> running on W2K and I am able to use the localhost URL. Am I missing
> something?
>
> --
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Steven