Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > <textarea> bug????

Reply
Thread Tools

<textarea> bug????

 
 
Matt
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-23-2003
Simple vbscript,html page loading into access.
Input pg posting to Confirm pg, then sending to access.

when using;

<textarea name="name" tabindex="15">
</textarea>

as an input renders tab spaces automatically.

I took out <Div> tags, and tried nowrap, and tried
reformatting data before sending to dbase (CStr, Trim),
with no answer to alleviate this problem.

Any suggestions????


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Aaron Bertrand [MVP]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-23-2003
I don't understand. Your tabs are disappearing? When? When you later
present the data in HTML? That's because a tab in a textarea is not HTML...
and HTML doesn't recognize a tab. You will need to replace for presentation
in a web page, something along the lines of:

txt = rs("txt")
response.write replace(txt, chr(9), "&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;")




"Matt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:068401c350cf$0be22c10$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Simple vbscript,html page loading into access.
> Input pg posting to Confirm pg, then sending to access.
>
> when using;
>
> <textarea name="name" tabindex="15">
> </textarea>
>
> as an input renders tab spaces automatically.
>
> I took out <Div> tags, and tried nowrap, and tried
> reformatting data before sending to dbase (CStr, Trim),
> with no answer to alleviate this problem.
>
> Any suggestions????
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
matt
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-23-2003
The tabs are automatically in textarea when I try to enter
data into it. Also each time I display the textarea more
tabs are automatically entered into it. The dbase shows
square blocks - 2 before and 2 after the data, whether I
have the field as text or memo.

I am trying to rid the textarea of the tabs, or whatever
the squareblocks are.

>-----Original Message-----
>I don't understand. Your tabs are disappearing? When?

When you later
>present the data in HTML? That's because a tab in a

textarea is not HTML...
>and HTML doesn't recognize a tab. You will need to

replace for presentation
>in a web page, something along the lines of:
>
>txt = rs("txt")
>response.write replace(txt, chr(9), " ")
>
>
>
>
>"Matt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:068401c350cf$0be22c10$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Simple vbscript,html page loading into access.
>> Input pg posting to Confirm pg, then sending to access.
>>
>> when using;
>>
>> <textarea name="name" tabindex="15">
>>

 
Reply With Quote
 
matt
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-23-2003
Remove.

The tabs are automatically in textarea when I try to enter
data into it. Also each time I display the textarea more
tabs are automatically entered into it. The dbase shows
square blocks - 2 before and 2 after the data, whether I
have the field as text or memo.

I am trying to rid the textarea of the tabs, or whatever
the squareblocks are.



>-----Original Message-----
>I'm confused.... are you trying to KEEP or REMOVE the tab

spaces?
>
>
>--
>----------------------------------------------------------
>Curt Christianson (Software_AT_Darkfalz.Com)
>Owner/Lead Designer, DF-Software
>http://www.Darkfalz.com
>---------------------------------------------------------
>...Offering free scripts & code snippits for everyone...
>---------------------------------------------------------
>
>"Matt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:068401c350cf$0be22c10$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Simple vbscript,html page loading into access.
>> Input pg posting to Confirm pg, then sending to access.
>>
>> when using;
>>
>> <textarea name="name" tabindex="15">
>>

 
Reply With Quote
 
matt
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-23-2003
All fixed - thanks for help.

<textarea>
</textarea>

does not work - picking up Cr

<textarea></textarea> does


>-----Original Message-----
>I don't understand. Your tabs are disappearing? When?

When you later
>present the data in HTML? That's because a tab in a

textarea is not HTML...
>and HTML doesn't recognize a tab. You will need to

replace for presentation
>in a web page, something along the lines of:
>
>txt = rs("txt")
>response.write replace(txt, chr(9), " ")
>
>
>
>
>"Matt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:068401c350cf$0be22c10$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Simple vbscript,html page loading into access.
>> Input pg posting to Confirm pg, then sending to access.
>>
>> when using;
>>
>> <textarea name="name" tabindex="15">
>>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




Advertisments